Meanwhile, back on the Island..

Last week Val, some friends and I went to a town named Cefalu on the Northern coast of Sicily, on the West-side of the island. One of the most prominent features of the city is it's Medieval town that's more or less preserved, with cobblestone roads and chickens all over the place, though I didn't see any chickens.. Maybe they were invisible. This particular date was the celebration of their Saint who's name I have conveniently forgotten, but I am sure he was a 
radical fellow. We didn't see him though. He was off picking up ladies and dodging chicken poop I suppose. 

-This is on the way to Cefalu in the middle of Sicily. The middle of the island has a higher altitude than the rest of the island, and these clouds were stagnant, haunting the small towns on that particular mountain. 








-The second picture is a picture of some of the decorations they have prepared for the festival of the saint. The people in the photo are of no relation to Tony Danza, I don't think. 













- That is Val and I on the beach. Awww. We're so happy. We should be on a Sicily tourism ad. Although I am not sure if they want someone who looks like an albino on it. 






-This is the Medieval town I am speaking of. It is right on the sea. Our B&B we stayed at was 2.68 seconds from there. We would wake in the mornings and go to the local cafe to grab a cornetto (with Nutella, preferably) and a cappuccino, then off to the beach we went for 6 hours where I practiced my damnedest to not get melanoma. 



-We went out one night to watch the sunset.  The city is in a small gulf, about 1.5 miles across. It's very small but it attracts a buttload of tourists, including small children that talk excessively. 








-That's Val and I looking like gangsters. We were hungry. Hungry gangsters.








-This was the whole group: Val, myself, Jim and Margie.
 






-------------
Trip Details:
-Distance (From Casa Mia): 192 km
-Time: Approx. 2 hours
-By Way Of: Car. My Alfa Romeo 145 (named Mary-Elizabeth)
-Music: To: Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds and assorted Dave Matthews Band songs; From: Incubus- Morning View, Pearl Jam: Vs.  
-Drink of Choice: Tinto
-Gas Prices: Too High
-Notable Happenings: I bought a man-purse, Valeria's skin became substantially darker.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I am so jealous of you being there and seeing all the beautful sights that I will probably never get to see.