I Bastardi Senza Gloria

I saw "Inglorious Basterds" last night. How is it that Tarantino can do it almost every time? And by "do it" I mean strike a cord in everyone's thoughts and souls and create a great film, by the standard of what film should be? The delightful violence. The placed sexuality. The dislocated humor. His thought and contemplation of film can be seen in almost every aspect, especially the dialouge and the ever-twisting plot. And he knows how to place music. Using scores from such names as Ennio Morricone and music by David Bowie, he is able to take the sense of a song and make it to what he wants it to be. Great film.


Comments

Lil Sis said…
My favorite film this year! 2nd and 3rd being Law Abiding Citizen and The Hangover...District 9 was great, but it disturbs me in a very great way. It just seems that's exactly what would really occur if 'aliens' did come...or if an innocent man did somehow get involved in the wrong government exeriment...