Sick and Whatmightnot

I am sick with some sort of flu (though not the one that came from people fornicating with pigs. Wait, isn't that how it started? I'm confused). So as this period gives me time to boost my immune system, push my muscles to atrophy, and inspect every living and dead part of my house, I am also watching some films. So here are the latest three films that I have given my attention.



-Natural Born Killers-

Probably not a movie one would normally want to watch when they are feeling under the weather, but I watched this one just a few hours before I became sick. I have never seen it all the way through, so I set aside a bit of time to accomplish that task. I enjoyed the movie very much, though it was a bit disturbing at times. The directing was terrific, the acting great, and the style was perfect for the type of film it was. Oh Mickey and Mallory, you crazy f*cking loons.







-Surrogates-


I enjoyed this flick as well, though there were some things about it I did not enjoy. I have been told a few times in my life that I like every film I see. That bullshit. There are aspects of films that I enjoy, but that doesn't mean I thought the movie rehung the moon and created magical sparkling koala bears out of nothing. So when I say I enjoyed the film, that means generally, it did not make me want to stop watching it in the middle and sit in a corner and sob and punch myself for watching a movie that was so horrendous. So, Surrogates. It had a hugely familiar tone (iRobot.. even had one of the actors of iRobot who remotely played the same type of character). The thing I like about films like these is they all visually display the ideas and concepts of many books that I have enjoyed throughout the years. 1984. Brave New World. Fahrenheit 451. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. they discuss the inevitability of the future, as it pertains to society and our dependance of machines. Though the film isn't a must-see in my opinion, I didn't think I wasted 2 hours of my life.

-The Nines-

I don't like to watch movie trailers but only once- twice if it is spread out by at least four months and twelve days. A friend recommended this movie to me, so I obtained it and gave it a gander. I don't like having expectations about films, even though we can't help but have them. So when I read the synopsis of this film I remembered that I thought it sounded interesting. As I was watching them film I realized that it was absolutely nothing like what my expectations were, which is great, because it was better. Ryan Reynolds is an interesting actor, as he can do anything. There's not much I can say about the film because that's just the way it is, but it will be noted that I enjoyed it very much. Just keep an open mind.

Comments