Initial thoughts as we arrive into the Stati Uniti.

My my, how time passes.

Being away from the United States for a year, every year, then to return after that year has passed, one begins to realize their own thoughts and their own ways of operating are just not the same anymore. Which really is a great thing, because if one is following the group, then most likely they will end up in a place they will not need to be, nor want to be. Through countless miles on the road and in the air in Europe and the Med, life has a great way of coming to me very quickly paced and in many different ways. And it's not that I am special, because it happens to everyone. I just like to take note of it. I am constantly writing and figuring social and psychological problems in my brain; trying to figure out the world (which is an essential impossibility). And I do know now that as far as the masses go, I am on the outside of the circle from the "norm" in the US. All of the Blackberries, the reality TV, the consumption of things, things, things. My frequency has no programming to lock onto. It's just ambient noise, looking to move and not be located. So for now, I'll use this place of interest to support my needs, and place it in the contours of my brain in order to appease that which should be, and leave alone that which should be. It's like an incubation of thought. The constant surveying of perspectives.

In lighter news, the beer I am excited about, seeing my parents and the rest of my family is a joy of joys, seeing my best friend get married will be an experience, being an ambassador to my girlfriend (oh second joy of all joys) and finding more instigators and actions will further feed my thought processes. I hope to find some life-experiencers along the way. What do you say? Milk and cheese, please. Milk and cheese. I have no idea.

Comments

Laura said…
I hope I get to see you! :)