Yet Another? Oh please, yes.


This blog isn't going to be only about films and books and music and those sort of spiritual things, it's going to be about alot. So this week it seems to be about films because well, I'm still sick and that's about all I can stand to do. I can't read a paragraph in a book and fully comprehend what it is saying. I was trying to get some studying done in a Financial Accounting course and they were talking about Auditing Legislation and somehow I understood it to mean that One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish is a political allegory for the inner workings of Congress and their sexual vices. See what I mean? Nonsense.
So all of that above had nothing to do with what this post is really about. It's really about another film that I watched last night. The film was "Sunshine" a Sci-fi flick about a group of people in the not-too-distant future who have been tasked to fly from a frozen Earth to the Sun (which has stopped working), with the mission of dropping a bomb in the Sun in order to restart it. I remember this movie when it came out a few years ago, and I wanted to see it but I forgot. Thanks to a friend who is badass at recommending great films, I was viewed last night. Needless to say, I enjoyed it very much. I always enjoy a good Sci-fi flick, and this was probably one of the better films of this type I have seen. The directing was great. The acting for the most part was on point. The visuals was great. If you think of the corny Sci-fi film-making that was in "Armageddon", it was nothing like that. This was a serious take on what it could be like if this were to really occur. Of course, it's still a movie. They have to sell tickets and t-shirts and whatnot. But the movie had a keen perspective on the idea of space, and what it could do to our minds. So all in all, rad movie.

Comments